Title: Academic Account Manager
Salary: 40-60k base + bonus + benefits - OTE
Location: Midlands, Cambridge and Oxford (South Sheffield & North of Cambridge - Oxford additional territory)
Work balance: Around 60% time travelling with 40% at home.
This service provider within Life Science are specialists in Chromatography, Imaging instruments and Molecular analysis. You will be responsible for managing sales agreements and partnership management for academic partners to the business.
You will be at the heart of pushing life science research by being involved in the very early stages of product development.
The Academic Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Design and execute account specific business plans including: customer goals, critical initiatives, opportunity development, relationship mapping, and competitive threats
- Prioritise activities that increase market share; applies marketing and business strategies / tactics to maximise sales results
- Monitoring leads and sales cycle through CRM tools, providing accurate business information to decision makers
- Use and coordination of resources: Takes a leading role in activating resources to support customer needs; using resources intelligently and effectively
- Coordinating with customers on project management and inspection related matters. General networking and relationship building activities
The ideal Account Manager should have:
- 2-5 years of relevant sales experience within life sciences.
- Experience selling into academia or other similar institutes
- Strong presentation and person skills to aid relationship building and credibility.
- Ideally a Masters or PhD level of education in Biochemistry / Molecular biology / Bioprocess technology
- Valid UK driving license and willingness to travel.
If you are a driven, passionate, and growth minded individual with the relevant experience, please apply!