A leading global biotechnology company are looking to expand their global insights & analytics team by hiring an Associate Director of Market Research for their COVID-19 portfolio. The product is of critical importance in the fight against COVID-19 and this individual will be working on the front line of the global analytics team.
- Market Research Related to Pipeline Planning, Global Marketing and Business Development
- Define Global market research priorities in collaboration with GCPS Indication and/or Therapeutic Area Leads to proactively address key business decisions
- Create foundational market understanding through the development of treatment flow maps, market segmentation, attribute/benefit testing, positioning and campaign development, etc.
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with physicians, patients, and payers
- Manage vendors to determine appropriate research methodology, ensure project alignment to business objectives and guide execution and reporting
- Examine research findings to understand data, key market insights and implications this business unit
- Analyze secondary data sources (e.g., prescription data, epidemiology studies)
- Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, Experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Utilizes creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
- Sought out as an analytical expert and, more importantly, as a strategic adviser. Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture" and links market insights to larger issues
Education & Experience
- 7+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 5+ years of market research and/or strategic analysis and planning experience
- Experience in one or more areas is preferred
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research is required. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches
- Experience developing and using Excel-based models and conducting quantitative analysis is required
- Previous experience in launching products, and exposure to pharmaceutical product development and brand marketing are preferred
- BA/BS degree in finance, life sciences or medicine is required, and an MBA or advanced degree is desirable
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to know more, please send me your resume and we will set up a discussion.