Associate Scientist I, Biologics Technical Operations
Salary: 125,000-135,000 + Competitive Benefits Package
One of the nation's leading research-based biopharmaceutical companies is seeking an Associate Scientist I to join and contribute to their Biologics Technical Operations team. The ideal candidate will join an industry-leading organization committed to improving the lives of millions of people around the world. The ideal candidate should have a strong desire to contribute to the advancement of care for life-threatening diseases and medical conditions.
- Serve as a downstream tech operations liaison for cross-functional technical transfers or new product projects.
- Monitor processes' performances through data collection and the utilization of appropriate statistical tools.
- Initiate and oversee the implementation of process changes across several varying projects and sites
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements across varying projects and sites
- Lead the technical investigations on deviations that occur within the relevant processes
- Analyze and report on the effects of these deviations for product quality
General and Technical:
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated understanding of large-scale protein purification
- Prior experience working within a GMP environment
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on filtration and chromatography within a GMP environment
- Prior experience working with viral vectors and or vaccine manufacturing processes is preferred
- Experience in MFG, PD, and MSAT is ideal
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience and a BS in a relevant scientific field
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience and a MS in a relevant scientific field
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience and a Ph.D degree in a relevant scientific field
- Strong knowledge of relevant computer software and project management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills