The Bioinformatics Scientist is responsible for collecting product requirements and designing and developing NGS analysis pipelines to meet those requirements. The Scientist, is responsible for all aspects of the software development process from the project initiation to software release, including supporting internal and external customer bioinformatics requests.
- Works to develop bioinformatics packages/pipelines for one or more projects, exhibiting good code design and development practice.
- Analyzes NGS data and generates reports exhibiting good analytical design, data summary and interpretation, and clear report preparation.
- Develops and releases new bioinformatics tools and pipelines according to approved proposals and within stated deadlines.
- Follows standard Software Development Life Cycle process, including version control and independently authors related technical documentation.
- Serves as a resource to R&D, Product Management, QC, and QA
- Serves to support Sales and Technical Support representatives on technical matters.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics
- Experience in pipeline design and development following standard Software Development Life Cycle practice, including developing appropriate wrappers to provide easy-to-use tools for non-Bioinformaticians.
- Preference given for candidates with experience in analyzing large RNA-Seq datasets; at bulk and/or single-cell levels.
- Professional pipeline development experience with one or more major programming languages such as Java, Python, or C/C++ under a Linux environment is required.
- Strong statistical, mathematical and/or analytical skills as demonstrated by experience with R, Matlab, or C++/Java/Python math libraries. Ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience building packages in R programming language.