Job title: Chemical Engineer
An innovative Biotech company that identifies and develops biological reagents and tools applicable in research, drug discovery, and diagnostics is looking for a qualified Chemical Engineer to join the team in Milpitas, CA.This is an initial 6-month contract role with extensions and/or conversion to FTE; benefits provided by EPM Scientific.
- Design systems and processes, install and maintain equipment used for manufacturing.
- Create work structures for the ERP system.
- Create Bill of Materials (BoM) structures.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) including parameters like equipment settings, CTQs, measurements, sample sizes, limits, etc.
- Supports other functions such as inventory control, quality management, quality control, material flow, cost analysis, procurement and supply chain management.
- Perform digitalization of data into ORACLE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry, manufacturing/production or mechanical engineering.
- 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing in biotech or biopharma industry.
- Experience in analyzing manufacturing processes including writing SOPs.
- Practical understanding of Bill of Materials (BoM) within an ERP system and how they affect the manufacturing process.
- Experience with Data Systems and Mixing Chemicals.
Please apply if interested!