Seeking a talented & passionate Scientist to lead the Vector Production and Development Group. The position would focus on development of new tools to manufacture adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors and lentivirus vectors. In addition, this role will involve developing new manufacturing procedures and/or reagents that improve the productivity, potency and safety of AAV vectors. The position may require the supervision of one or more development associates. We are seeking candidates with adaptability, excellent planning and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
- Lead the Vector Production group and asisst with strategic decision making
- Collaborate cross functionally
- Identify alterations in AAV helpers to improve vector potency or productivity
- Engineer cells to improve manufacturing and potency of vectors
- Develop tools to engineer insect and mammalian cells for use as packaging or producer cell lines
- Characterize AAV vectors using a variety of methods including qPCR, SDS-PAGE, capsid ELISA and potency assays
- Evaluate new technologies for vector manufacturing
- Analyze data, present results and plan additional experiments
- Supervise junior scientists
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. with over 3-7 years of industry experience
- Degree in cell biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- Business acumen & strategic decision making is a plus!
- Experience working with viral vectors, preferably viral production and optimization
- Strong written and oral communications skills