This position is responsible for executing the reimbursement and market access strategy for our Neuromodulation System with Managed Care Organizations (MCO), Indemnity Insurance Organizations, Networks, TPAs, Government Programs, and Employer Groups in the US Market. This strategy includes delivery of economic and value messaging, expanding awareness of restorative neurostimulation, and partnering with health plans and physicians while leveraging our field-based sales team to develop coverage policy to ensure access for patients who can benefit from our product.
- Develop strategy for and execute payer account targeting to drive payer market awareness and positive payer coverage policy by engaging key stakeholders within National, Regional, and Local US health plans as well as established networking across the payer landscape.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the payer community. Manage the payer outreach strategy and closely monitor and respond to proposed changes in medical policies related to our product.
- Build a strategic relationship and serve as a supporting role to REMA aligned business partners including sales, marketing, sales operations, and medical/clinical affairs to implement business plan strategies that create market access and reimbursement for our system
- Develop and lead pull through programs with Field Sales to optimize payer opportunities for product growth.
- Partner with sales teams in the development and use of key opinion leaders to influence and drive favorable medical policy within the payer community.
- Contribute to strategies required to improve patient access, economic value messaging, and evidentiary needs.
- Engage with strategic accounts around novel contracting arrangements that leverage the platform, including hospitals, IDNs, and other facilities.
- Attends and participates in meetings and conference calls as required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in managing all aspects of territory; includes sales, relationships and budgets.
- Establishes and maintains a schedule/process that maximizes efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and co-manage sales teams.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines successfully and handles stressful situations accordingly. Accepting risk and uncertainty.
- Ensure compliance with company compliance policy, in particular patient confidentiality (HIPAA) in all company practices.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum 10 years health care related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managed care/payer environment or sales management
- Sales management experience preferred