A rapidly growing biotech in the vaccine development space is looking to add top associate level talent to their process development team!
The ideal candidate will have practical laboratory experience creating biotechnology, biopharmaceuticals, or vaccine-related processes. As this person will be responsible for collaborating on experimental design and execution of tests to improve the polysaccharide development and production projects, the candidate will be willing to use and learn new laboratory skills. This role will initially involve >50% time in the lab, and this person will be able to document experimental procedures/results independently in written and presentation formats. The selected individual will work closely with the CMC team, prepare extensive technical reports, present experimental results internally, and maybe interact with CMO partners from outside the company.
- Automated TFF systems, AKTA chromatography skids, automated filtering units, and continuous centrifuges are among the polysaccharide purification instruments to operate and maintain.
- Conduct polysaccharide and impurity assays and analyze and interpret the data (Anthrone, Lowry, SEC-MALS, HPAEC-PAD etc.)
- Assists in the design and implementation of research on downstream process characterization.
- Develop purification strategies for pipeline projects with your team.
- In laboratory notebooks or electronic notebooks, keep accurate and current notes of development experiments and/or project-related activities.
- Examine the processes that were followed and the batch records that were kept.
- Data should be presented/communicated to the polysaccharide team.
- Contribute to the polysaccharide team's technical discussions.
- In support of process development, writes, reviews, and approves R&D protocols, batch records, and reports.
You should have…
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related field with 5+ years of industry experience; MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience
- Traditional processing unit activities such as TFF, depth filtration, continuous centrifugation, and chromatography require both practical and theoretical understanding.
- A working knowledge of high-throughput screening methodologies and instrumentation is advantageous.
- Knowledge of DoE (Design of Experiments) principles is a bonus, as is practical expertise with DoE software.
- Experience with process characterization is a bonus.
- Engineering ideas used in scaling processes from lab to pilot scale must be shown.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and JMP are among the computer tools that you should be familiar with.
- It's a plus if you've used process modeling software before.
- GMP requirements are something you should be familiar with.
- The ability to go overseas to a CMO may be required.
What you get!
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k matching, stock options, and transportation and cell phone benefits!
- Health insurance for employees and their dependents!
- 3 weeks of PTO!