The Nutrition division of a large, multinational healthcare company is currently seeking a driven, motivated, and enthusiastic Lab Manager. This position is located in southern Michigan. You will play a key role in providing support for chemists in an analytical and quality function for chemical & physical testing and method review for infant formula.
The Lab Manager will be responsible for:
- Oversee day-to-day laboratory operations, ensuring compliance with regulatory, production schedules, and budgetary goals.
- Train and manage supervisors who are overseeing teams of chemists who are conducting chemical and physical testing of ingredients, in-process, and finished product.
- Authoring & executing CAPAs for deviations and ensuring continuous improvement of lab efficiency.
The Lab Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, or a related scientific field
- Previous experience (2+ years) in a supervisory/leadership position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with chemists, scientists, and cross-functional teams.
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits with a 401(k) plan
- Company stocks, annual bonus and pension plan
- Opportunity to work for a highly recognized company