Paris, France - Medical Director (Clinical Development Oncology). An oncology biotech with multiple Phase I and Phase II products is seeking people who have a strong passion for oncology clinical development.
With over 10 clinical programmes currently running and with several looking to enter into the clinics for the first time - this is a great opportunity to join. International team, good support structure and well financed, this would be appropriate for people who are more junior in their career or those who are more established and want to have more experience of fully developing drugs (phase I through to IV).
If you have a strong oncology background (industry or clinical), understand the essentials within drug development (drug protocol, trial design, medical monitoring and safety) and interested to learn more then please continue reading and apply today.
As a Clinical Development expert you will be responsible for;
- Involved with all Clinical Development areas with a focus in patient safety, trial design, site activation and documentation.
- Work with the executive team in shaping and delivering the clinical strategy.
- Responsible for study protocols, understanding their meaning and how to use them, contributing to them and following them.
- Provide medical and data review for the ongoing clinical studies.
- Ensure that Clinical Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) facilitate the development of effective clinical study protocols and are compliant.
- Develop/review/edit essential study documents such as protocols, medical monitoring plan, and medical data reviewing plan, case report forms, database specifications, and statistical analysis plan.
- Provide medical input in all essential documents, including, investigator brochure, clinical study reports, IND and NDA summary documents safety annual reports .
- Support clinical research development and implementation of the study protocols, clinical trials and start-ups all within the defined project scope, budget and timeline
- Provide clinical research data to support EMA / FDA and other regulatory bodies and communicate across Medical, Commercial and Quality teams.
As a clinical development project lead you will need;
- M.D or equivalent.
- Previous work within oncology- either in Solid or Haematological.
- Work in clinical development (or similar, i.e. Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations)
- Ideally previous Industry experience but CRO, Academic and Hospital research welcome.
- English fluent, French also a highly desirable (but not essential)
- Proven track record of most of the above job responsibilities or transferrable experiences.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working (2 days home office, maybe more)
- Friendly office space, coffee, tea, social events.
- Extensive Oncology and Haematology portfolio to work with including Immunotherapy and other scientific approaches.
- Visa support if needed.
- Working with some of the newest oncology treatments in Europe.
- Empowering workspace, offering opportunities to share ideas and influence company services development worldwide
If you are interested in this mission, or in general would like to discuss your options in the Clinical Development and Medical space then please send your CV in, apply on LinkedIn and contact me. This is what the process will look like (note, this could change depending on you or the client's need);
- Full call with the executive recruiter responsible.
- Sharing of the company and confirmation by you to move forward.
- Introductory call with the hiring manager.
- Follow up call with the team (1 with HR, 1 with CMO).
- Face to face meeting (can be virtual meeting if needed) for panel interview.
- If successful - offer and contract negotiations.
If you are still not sure, feel free to message me directly on (all connections are confidential).
My contact details
/ 0044 203 758 8923 /
France - Paris - Europe - French
Medical Director - Clinical Development - Medical Expert - Clinical Research Physician - Medical Monitor - Oncologist - Research Director
Oncology - Haematology - Haem-Oncology - Immunooncology - Immuno-oncology - Monoclonal Antibody
Biotech - Pharma - Biotechnology - Pharmaceutical - Drug development
Clinical Research - Clinical Biotech - Phase I - Phase 1 - Phase II - Phase 2 - Medical Doctor - M.D