Job title: Drug Safety Lead
Salary: Highly competitive (Inc additional allowances)
Location: Near Dusseldorf - North Rhine Westphalia
(Can be remote with 1 week in officer per month)
Overview: In this role of Drug safety Lead you will be responsible for oversight of all safety procedures across the drug development scope. The position will require you to drive the business strategy for drug discovery and development - being responsible for safety plans and molecule selection.
Company: This Biotech are making major progress in the field of Neurology and other related diseases. They are currently creating a new structure for their toxicology team, developing new roles and offering future career progression. Be a part of this growing business as they push new candidates into pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Influencing non-clinical safety through R&D teams, vendors and other 3rd parties to the business.
- Lead the development of hypothesis driven safety investigations, as the main influencer and decision maker through development.
- Developing and delivering non-clinical safety plans for all products at discovery stage.
- Key influencer in molecule selection. You will evaluate all potential candidates and provide feedback to senior leadership teams regarding molecule selection.
- Use your biological expertise to understand the safety risks of all molecules, and potential impacts on safety results.
- Collaborate with external CRO's to ensure that pre-clinical safety procedures are upheld, providing support and guidance when necessary.
- Ideally hold a PhD in biology, toxicology or any similar discipline within pharmacological science.
- Highly motivated and innovative thinker, able to work in both teams and independently.
- A strong passion and eye for science, especially within the biological space.
- Confidence in following safety procedures and understand the important of risk analysis work.
- Previous experience within safety pharmacology, pathology, biology or other safety disciplines.
What we can offer:
- Flexible working from home structure, approximately 7-10 days in office per month.
- A chance to work with an exciting mid sized biotech, who actively put responsibility into each employer.
- A chance to shape the business strategy from the earliest stages of drug development.