We are partnered with a leading biotech based in Cambridge searching for a Molecular Pharmacologist. You will be in involved in the development of a range of cell-based and biochemical assays to characterise the mechanism of action and potency of novel compounds, as well as generation, culture, and maintenance of different cell lines.
- PhD in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, or related discipline (can consider without PhD if minimum of 3 years industry experience).
- Proven experience in the development of functional assays to determine compound mechanism of action;
- Experience in the development and validation of cell-based assays to study molecular pathways of disease;
- Experience with fluorescence-based and luminescence-based techniques would be an advantage;
- Strong cell culture experience and experienced in cell lines.
- Practical laboratory experience of primary cells, primary tissue and co-cultures)
- Experience developing direct and proximal target engagement assays.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques (Western blotting and qPCR/PCR)
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process and requirements for project progression.
- Previous experience using automation (such as automatic liquid handlers).
- Practical experience of techniques such as flow cytometry, cell imaging, radioligand binding, fluorescence-based assays.
- Expertise in recombinant and primary cell signalling.
Competitive package with Private Medical Insurance, dental reimbursement and other health benefits.