Principal Scientist - Small Molecule Discovery Needed for Rapidly Growing Biopharmaceutical Company
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: 140,000 - 160,000 + Competitive Benefits Package
A rapidly growing biopharmaceutical company that specializes in advancing therapies for neurological disorders is looking to hire a Principal Scientist who will act as the Biology Lead focused on small molecule drug discovery. This biopharmaceutical company has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway. They are growing and willing to move quickly for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for initiating and directing a neuroscience project and biology's efforts including the development, implementation and execution of a flow scheme of in vitro and in vivo assays to support project progression and the optimization of human therapeutics.
The Principal Scientist will be responsible for:
- Lead, manage and direct the project team's biology efforts in the development of a flow scheme of in vitro and in vivo assays to support project progression and the optimization of human therapeutics.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders from Medicinal Chemistry, Toxicology, Formulations, Intellectual Property, and Clinical teams, design and implement pharmacological assays to determine drug potency, efficacy, mechanism of action, and tolerability.
- Develop, facilitate and support new and evolving business systems and processes to enable rapid growth and change.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Biophysics, Physiology, Cell Biology, Systems Biology, Pharmacology or related field and relevant post-doctoral experience.
- 7+ years of drug discovery experience.
- Excellent people management, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong strategic, scientific, and technical leadership in the design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of a broad range of pharmacology assays to drive compound progression and elucidate mechanism of action.
- Understanding of pharmacological principles and drug discovery processes, in order to support assessment of potency, efficacy and contribute to predictions of human efficacy.
- Experience leading cross functional neuroscience projects in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting is preferred.
- Expertise in neural excitability and signaling pathways, ion channel or GPCR biology and allosteric modulation is preferred.
- Experience in pain, epilepsy, or other neurologic drug discovery is preferred.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing collaborative team. Relocation and immigration assistance will be provided to relocate to the Vancouver, BC, Canada area. Apply now.