Title: Principal Scientist/Associate Director Downstream Process Development
A mid-sized immunotherapy biotechnology startup is currently seeking a driven, motivated, and enthusiastic Principal Scientist/Associate Director to join their Downstream Process Development team as they develop their therapeutic pipeline. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. You will play a key role in the development and execution of downstream processes & formulations for the company's various drug candidates. Titling is commensurate with experience and education.
The Principal Scientist/Associate Director will be responsible for:
- Helping to develop and drive forward highly robust protein purification processes from research to manufacturing.
- *Supervising scientists and research associates in the downstream process development and the formulations groups.
- Serving as a liaison between process development team, senior management, external vendors and stakeholders, and CMOs.
- Overseeing tech transfers to CMOs and serving as a subject matter expert on the downstream processes and equipment.
- Cross collaborating with the upstream process development team and the formulations group.
The Principal Scientist/Associate Director should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in one of the following or a related disciplines: chemical engineering or life sciences and a minimum of 5 years of experience in downstream process development and optimization
- Prior experience working with CMOs, overseeing tech transfers, and authoring technical documents such as batch records and agency submission reports
- Very strong recombinant protein purification background (resin screening studies, filtration studies, protein refolding studies, etc.) is required, and some formulations background is a plus (but not required)
- Prior supervisory experience and the willingness to build and coach a team
- An overall go-getter mindset and ability to adapt in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits (100% company funded for vision, 90% company funded for health and dental)
- 401(k) plan with company match beginning January 2023!
- Potential for annual bonuses as well as pre-IPO stock options
- Commuter benefits in addition to generous paid holidays, gym access, and 100% paid parental leave
- Company contribution to health savings accounts (HSA) and monthly cell phone allowance
If you see yourself in this Principal Scientist/Associate Director Downstream Process Development role and are interested, then please don't wait to apply.