Process Manager Upstream Development
Salary: Highly Competitive
Location: Munich, Germany.
A global leading biopharmaceutical company (CDMO) is seeking to bring on an experienced process manager who would be responsible for overseeing the upstream/downstream process for customers APIs over the entire product life cycle. As the process manager, you will be at the heart of designing late stage development activities and process characterization studies in preparation of process qualification and validation at manufacturing scale.
The company is currently undergoing massive internal growth and the team have doubled this past year and is now securing the most elite talent on the market. If you are an individual with ambitions and a vision, and wish to be part of an exciting process that will propel into the future of biopharmaceuticals then this opportunity is for you.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Designing robust and economic upstream processes for a variety of global leading biopharmaceuticals in line with commercial and clinical timelines and business plans.
- Designing late stage development activities and process characterization studies in preparation of process qualification and validation at manufacturing site.
- Cross-functional interaction with colleagues from different departments.
- Providing technical leadership to a project: develop, plan and execute.
- 3 years+ professional experience in upstream process development (post academia).
- Experience using scalable technologies in the field of industrial pharmaceutical production and active experience in the upstream processing field.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of cell culture processes and cell separation technologies.
- Knowledge of the typical life cycle of biopharmaceuticals.
- Basic knowledge of analytical methods and upstream processing
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Fluent German (B2+) and English skills
- Degree (or equivalent) within a Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry / Chemistry
- PhD or equivalent experience in biotechnology, biochemistry or comparable scientific/technical environment.