Quality Control Manager (Remote)
Greater Chicago area
Excellent Salary + Excellent bonus + Excellent benefits
An innovative research-based global pharmaceutical company is seeking a Quality Control Manager to join their growing team at its manufacturing facility in the greater Chicago area! This position was created due the individual getting promoted to a higher-level role in the organization. The company has a rich pipeline of innovative molecules in various phases of development which are targeted in areas of oncology, respiratory and dermatology. If you are looking to expand your career in quality with an industry leader that promotes from within than don't hesitate to apply!
The Quality Control Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and leadership for the Process Support and Quality Control laboratory staff.
- Allocate staff resources, assess new project opportunities and manage overall laboratory operation and efficiency.
- Maintain and manage cGMP and general lab systems at defined levels of compliance
- Assign and monitor all QC and Process Support resources and monitor progress for product development, implementation and plant support
- Review and approve work products and technical reports for clarity and accuracy
- Oversee purchase, use and maintenance of analytical instrumentation
- Oversee training and professional development of laboratory staff
- Draft and review various documents in support of laboratory efforts and production campaigns
- Assist with coordination and approval of off-site testing as necessary for operation of Analytical laboratories
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy or closely related field required. Advanced degree highly beneficial and desired.
- 7 or more years of experience in manufacturing support laboratory in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably API and/or intermediate experience, with at least 3-5 years in management or supervisory role in pharma industry