Job Type: Contract
Location: South San Francisco, CA
A large biotech company is seeking a highly talented researcher to perform research in T-Cell Therapy in their Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department. The successful candidate will support in vitro screening & functional characterization of T cell receptors for the development of personalized neoantigen directed T cell therapies.
The Research Associate will:
Develop, validate and execute high-throughput cell-based assays to characterize T cell activation and cytotoxicity in vitro and support lead-finding/optimization efforts. In addition, the candidate will function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with Cancer Immunology, Protein Chemistry, and Molecular Biology groups to advance personalized cellular therapies.
The Research Associate possesses the following qualification:
* Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays
* Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based functional assays, and culture of mammalian cell lines
* Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also collaborate with project teams
* Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, and organizational skills
* 3-6 years wet lab experience required
* B.S. or M.S. degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field with relevant immunology/immuno-oncology and/or cell biology experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry development of personalized neoantigen directed T cell therapies.