You will be part of the Global Composite R&I team and actively participate in the development of innovative materials to create value-added systems and sustainable technologies. In your role you will work in partnerships with the company's engineers, marketing and commercial teams to develop materials in support to the aerospace markets and projects.
- You will explore and research innovative composite concepts in line with Composites Materials Strategic goals.
- Conduct and document research on composite materials (including, but not limited to resin/chemical/thermal/physical analysis, composite product development, and resin/composite mechanical/environmental performance, microstructural characterization to understand failure mods and performance).
- Develop technologies and mature them to suitable readiness level for transfer to production, providing support throughout the New Product Introduction process.
- Effectively communicate results through presentations and reports. Provide full, complete and accurate documentation of all work as required by SOPs and Company policies and procedures.
- Jointly work with other team members to maintain a safe lab work environment and implement safe operating procedures to ensure an accident-free record and maintenance of compliance.
Education and experience
- Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science or related subject.
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry, polymeric materials and material characterization
- At least 3 years of experience on thermoset formulations or development of composite functionality. Academic studies are acceptable.
- Have a passion for safe practices.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact with management and employees within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to tackle technical problems and take ownership for communication with teams and management
- You will have the possibility to be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - work on a diverse and interesting challenges in a multicultural and cross-functional, multidisciplinary team.
- Be part of a global team that values work/life balance for employees.
- Work with passionate people always there to offer help and coaching
- Performing this role, you will have the opportunity to grow your knowledge/skills to become a recognized subject matter expert in the field
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Additional local benefits