We have a current opportunity for a Scientist I. The position will be based in South San Francisco. For further information about this position please apply.
- Responsible for translational research to enable the development of biomarkers and assays for use in the clinical development of novel drug candidates.
- Experimental strategies will include the application of state of the art molecular and genomic technologies to analyze clinical samples.
- Specific responsibilities will include processing and analyzing clinical trial samples, data analysis and presentation, and contributing to experimental design and planning.
- Demonstrates independence in the design of subsequent experiments upon interpretation of data.
- Develops, tests, and refines new methods and/or data analyses to address project needs.
- Broadly recognized as a technical expert in the application of cutting edge biomarker science.
- Presents work at internal and external meetings, conferences, and workshops (as applicable). Presentations are clear and effective.
- Master's degree with 6 years or PhD with 2 years of relevant work/educational experience and hands-on laboratory research experience.
- Must have an intimate knowledge of, and extensive hands-on experience with, relevant molecular, and cell biology, and immunology techniques (e.g. tissue processing, high dimensional flow cytometry, single cell RNASeq, primary and derivative cell isolation and culture, ELISA based immunoassays, etc).
- Preferred candidates will have interest and experience in genomic data (RNASeq, WES) analysis tools.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in oncology, development of biomarker assays, and their implementation in clinical trials.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with scientists and associates from multiple laboratories, disciplines and departments.
- A proven track record, including authorship of and/or contributions to, publications in top tier journals is desirable.
MS/PhD or equivalent experience