A leading Biotechnology Company is in search of a Senior Corporate Counsel to join their legal team located in the San Francisco Bay Area. They are looking for the Senior Corporate Counsel to have SEC and corporate governance experience and to thrive in a high-volume and collaborative corporate environment. The Senior Corporate Counsel will be responsible for advising on SEC legal matters and managing a team of legal administrators. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow within the company, help build out the legal team, and receive long term incentives such as stock and equity.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will be responsible for:
- Being the lead attorney working on all corporate matters.
- Working closely with compliance team on SEC and other corporate governance matters.
- Counseling on potential legal risks involved in business goals and providing solutions to intricate business and legal problems that the company may face.
- Partnering with other legal representatives on commercial transactions.
- Managing a team of legal administrators.
The Senior Corporate Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of legal experience.
- Juris Doctor (JD) and member currently in good standing of any State Bar.
- Experience with complex SEC and other corporate governance matters.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to evaluate legal and business hazards correlated with complex transactions.
- Prior leadership/management experience.
The Biotechnology Company offers a full benefits package including health, life, dental, and vision along with a competitive 401K plan, equity packages and more. They offer flexible working hours, paid holidays and time off. If you are interested in becoming a part of something truly inspiring, this is an opportunity that you should hear more about.