Description: This position is responsible for supporting field-facing team members in contract negotiations as well as analytics and contracting strategy for commercial and Medicare Payers. This person will work cross functionally with finance, compliance, pricing and contracting colleagues, account managers, etc.… They will also spearhead the evaluations and analysis of Legal approved contract documents and is an expert in consistency with the brand strategy and support the latest pull through efforts for value creating programs.
- Take advantage of channel and customer economics to negotiate contract language and drive value for the company.
- Work cohesively with the Brand and financial team on customer (specific) rebate predictions.
- Provide insights and recommendations to account managers within the Market Access team to deliver impactful value for customers.
- Help create a story that insures an implication for structuring deal negotiations.
- Work closely with the brand team on behalf of the Market Access Account Manger to build relationships and create strong value with stakeholders.
- Work with equals to ensure pricing strategies that can be executed within the company.
- Based on the customers perspective (contracted) perspective conduct educational analysis of the potential savings for the company versus none contracted income and work well with the pricing and contracting/market access teams to discuss strategies to leverage and create additional opportunities.
- `Lead meetings (cross matrix) with the Market Access Account Managers, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Pricing, and Brand Payer Marketing teams to offer advice and gain approval of contract offers that balance customer needs and represent the companies best needs.
- Monitor the competitive landscape that could influence contract terms.
- Align with Governmental and legal experts (all internal) to monitor the latest requirements and that all implementations are considered.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or MBA (Preferred).
- 5 years pharma industry experience (required) working in Pricing, Contracts, or Market Access.
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to motivate develop and lead a team
- Expert within Negotiating, executing, and implementing contracts.
- Strong analytical skills
- A firm understanding of the healthcare marketplace and demonstrate strong business judgement and create new value stream to the company
- Ability to work in a fast paced organization and meet deadlines; strong communication and written skills.