An oncology MSL will, with a high level of proficiency, develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to company products. The candidate in this position will provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on company products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision makers, and others. The candidate will assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
The impact that an MSL will have to the organization include the following:
- a) an MSL will communicate key information about the company and its mission
- b) provide key scientific and clinical information about products when asked; provide a conduit for communication between the research and the medical community regarding ideas for future research with company products
- c) provide corporate value through demonstrated leadership and participation in strategic thinking.
Position will be field based and cover (CA,NV,HI)
- Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD)
- Minimum of 3 years MSL experience in oncology
- Disease state management knowledge preferred.
- Strong broad based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills. Strong overall written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience with desired therapeutic area; comfortable and confident speaking about multiple drug indications/disease state management.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations including Marketing and Sales strategic interests.
- Understanding the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical and Scientific Affairs.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship.
- Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic area of interest.
- Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically.