Title: Senior Research Associate
Type: Contract to Hire (W2 Only)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
- This individual will play a key role in supporting drug discovery programs by developing and running miniaturized biochemical and cellular assays for hit identification and lead optimization, as well as mechanism of action studies, and will work closely with cross functional teams.
- The candidate will use data analysis software to analyze large datasets, generate integrated data analysis reports, and provide results to stakeholders in a timely manner through written and verbal presentations.
- The candidate will also be involved in developing, optimizing and executing a wide-range of secondary assays to support our preclinical research programs.
- The position requires a BS/MS in biochemistry, cell biology or related field with a minimum of 5 years of research experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
- Prior experience in biochemical and/or cell-based assay development and execution including data analysis and reporting is required
- Familiarity with liquid handling devices and/or automated screening systems, as well as experience with the data analysis and visualization tools Spotfire, Excel, and GraphPad is preferred
- The ideal candidate will also have substantial experience with several of the following: enzyme kinetics, biochemical mechanism of action studies, monitoring of enzyme reactions using multi-mode microtiter plate readers, as well as HPLC combined with various detection modalities (UV/VIS, fluorescence, or MS), protein expression, purification, energy metabolism, state of the art assessment of mitochondrial function, tissue dissection and assays, as well as culturing/assaying of mammalian cells
- An ability to multitask, strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and flexibility are required
- Enthusiasm for working in a team-based, multi-disciplinary environment, paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills, is required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply!