The Senior Scientist will work in our Downstream Process Development Department. The development of downstream processes, scale-up, and technical support for cGMP manufactured biologics products. The candidate will see to it that scalable purifying methods and designs are produced. Additionally, the candidate will be in charge of producing materials for pre-clinical research and other development-related activities.
- Serves as the technical lead for complicated downstream process development activities across many sites.
- Independently plans and carries out investigations on the downstream process development of biologics.
- Conducts large- and small-scale experiments to assist pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial activities.
- Manage and/or carry out experimental research to aid in the creation, improvement, and characterization of downstream processes in a number of units of operations (clarification, chromatography, and/or TFF)
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups to advance pipeline programs
- A advanced degree in chemical/bioengineering, cell biology, immunology, or related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience and working knowledge in purification techniques such as chromatography, clarification, and / or tangential flow filtration
- Hands on experience with chromatography using AKTA
- Direct experience with biologics (antibodies, proteins, etc.) or mRNA
- Experience with bioanalytical assays associated with purification processes, such as SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, HPLC, etc.