Director, Digital Commerce
This is an exciting opportunity that fosters innovation at a well-known, global pharmaceutical company. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to be at the leading edge of the company's global digital footprint. As a global leader in the life sciences space, the big and small ideas matter, as they truly impact the way that people live every day.
Our client is seeking a Director of Digital commerce who will be responsible for all commercial activity through digital channels. The role will coordinate with the digital marketing team including performance management, marketing analytics, e-Shop, marketing automation and work closely with the Marketing Communications team and the Commercial teams to achieve the digital strategy for sales growth.
- Design and align the strategy for each digital channel with Leadership cross functionally (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Scientific Support)
- Determine priorities for the Digital go-to-market transformation across the business, identifying opportunities in business development in target markets, shifting current sales processes to digital channels, providing fully automated customer and technical service, and improving back-office integration with internal and external partners
- Identifying, managing, and optimizing digital go-to-market channels, including external partnerships, to represent the best sales opportunity and customer experience for each commercial product segment
- Direct sales and marketing analytics activities through identifying and utilizing tools and data sources that allow maximization of revenue opportunities, and allow for data-driven go-to-market decisions
- Lead a team to grow the business (ie. through design/development of website, eProcurement, digital marketing, and customer self-service capabilities)
- Provide support with digital channel optimizations, project management team leadership, Digital Product Management, sales support, services, and field operations.
- Skillfully articulate the value of e-Business through strategic evaluation and analysis of customer buying patterns to then recommend the best way to fulfill customer needs through optimizing channels
- Execute the strategic plan for direct customer acquisition, development, and retention of e-Business solutions across assigned customer segments and markets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or IT related discipline; MBA in Digital Marketing is preferred
- Substantial Digital Marketing/e-Commerce experience
- Prior work experience in a Digital Marketing and/or e-Commerce leadership role
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful digital Go-to-Market strategies/campaigns Prior experience in management and reporting of metrics and revenue
- Strong understanding of how current digital marketing and sales channels function
- Working knowledge of customer procurement systems and practices including B2B, B2C, etc.
- Experience of working collaboratively to create cohesive digital strategy
- Experience managing websites, social media, PPC and SEO
- Experience using CRM and marketing automation platforms
- Excellent data analysis skills and ability to form strategic business insights
- Experience developing cross-functional internal relations working relationships
- Proven ability to see areas for improvement and the ability to address such with creative and innovative solutions.
If interested please submit your resume/CV!