The Director of Corporate Strategy will own the annual strategy refresh to update our multi-year path forward, enable the company to make rigorous and integrated tradeoffs across departments and allocate resources accordingly. This role will require regular interaction with the Executive Leadership Team as well as close coordination with executives across the company.
Delivering Strategic Analysis and Guidance Lead cross-functional teams to execute projects on an ongoing basis to develop strong recommendations to business-critical questions. The Director will be expected to use rigorous, quantitative and data driven methods to lead decisive analyses of strategic questions. The Director will also be responsible for delivering compelling synthesized cases through discussion, debate, and documents that influence the organization to act in a coordinated and committed manner.
Operationalizing the Strategy Work with functional teams and other stakeholders to ensure operational follow through as strategic decisions are made. Develop and monitor appropriate stage gates, processes and dashboards to ensure impact. Work with Departments to ensure Goals and KPIs are aligned across the organization.
- Minimum BS degree in life sciences discipline with 12+ years of relevant experience; or MBA and/or PhD in a relevant discipline with 10+ years.
- 5+ years of line management or cross-functional team leadership
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing corporate strategy in life sciences
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of advances in life sciences products, platforms, and technology ecosystem * Scientific/technical training and /or experience is an advantage.
- Proven ability to identify, investigate, and prioritize innovative processes and technology quickly and effectively
- Strong financial system / modeling acumen
- Should possess working knowledge of drug discovery, development, and manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Previous operational, consulting, and/or business management experience with a top tier firm is advantageous.
- Ability to work with all levels of leadership from C-Suite to Shop Floor and build relationships across disciplines.
- Strong analytical ability with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making.
- Superior problem-solving skills with proven abilities to anticipate issues and recommend effective and efficient solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork to meet deliverables.
- Inspires trust and respect.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.