Title: Executive Director - Provider, Payer Strategy & Contracting
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations
A small, rapidly growing biotechnology company is looking for an Executive Director of provider and payer strategy. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team with rapid growth and have a direct impact. This role is critical for developing a robust pricing and access strategy in this dynamic provider and managed care environments. In addition, this role will support Strategic Accounts, Market Access, Contract Operations, Commercial Analytics and Finance teams to provide a structured and data driven approach to both develop contract strategy development and measure effectiveness.
- Offers integrated analyses combining various primary and secondary data sources to reveal deep insights that will guide provider and payer, access and contracting and reimbursement strategies for all market segments and Managed Care
- Cooperate internally with other analytic team members to understand ASP pricing and Gross to Net models to determine effects of multi-dimensional contracting
- Engage cross functional stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure quality of data, by problem solving and ensuring implementation of solutions
- Integrating data and information from numerous sources to support business case analysis, reporting, scorecards, etc.
- Oversees creation and development of methods for comprehensive contract assessment for net revenue, GTN, profitability and consistency
- Lead assessment of different contracting approaches and investigation of individual customer circumstances and capabilities.
- Partners closely with internal stakeholders to ensure strategic projects and business cases are well informed
- Analyze contract requests and rebate claims to ensure they follow corporate procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Lead the introduction and implementation of advanced analytical tools and processes (i.e. dashboards, information sources, tracking mechanisms, KPIs, templates and analytic platforms etc.)
- BA/BS, MBA preferred
- 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- 5 years' experience in vital accounts, working with GPO's, market access analytical, operations or pricing function
- Experience in buy and bill, and competitive contracting in medical benefit and pharmacy benefit
- Familiarity with secondary data as well as data from Specialty Distributors/Wholesalers, Group Purchasing Organizations, and pricing and discount programs
- Familiarity with 3rd party secondary data resources (e.g. DRG, MMIT, claims data, ex. Symphony Claims, IQVIA DDD, Wolters Kluwer, etc.)
- Deep expertise in analyzing data to qualify and quantify business opportunities in a broad range of managed care/access channels
- Proven experience analyzing complex situations and processes and effectively integrating and synthesizing the data to form a complete cohesive picture
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data and provide summarized recommendations and clear guidance to leadership
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills