Manager, Commercial Data Acquisition
An exciting new opportunity within a small, but growing pharmaceutical company specializing in neurodegenerative disease. They have two approved products (one for the treatment of addiction and another for the treatment of schizophrenia) and a portfolio of pipeline product candidates.
The Manager, Commercial Data Acquisition will be responsible for identifying and acquiring data assets and optimizing the data portfolio to support the commercial strategy. This position will lead the effort to centralize commercial data acquisition for all brands, continuously assess and evaluate existing and new data sources, understand industry best practices, manage data contracts, and maintain a productive relationship with data vendors. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful and detail-oriented analytical individual with extensive knowledge in pharmaceutical commercial data and their usage throughout the pharmaceutical product's commercial life cycle. This position will report to the Associate Director of Commercial Data Governance.
- Serving as the point of contact for commercial data needs, enabling the commercial organization to make data-driven business decisions by mapping key business questions to data sources, and developing and executing data acquisition plans accordingly
- Evaluating the current data sourcing model, working with internal and external SMEs to improve data coverage, data quality, and benefit-cost ratio in data investment
- Staying current with industry trends and best practices, and proactively scouting for novel data offerings from established and emerging vendors to maintain a competitive edge in commercial operation and analytics
- Partnering with business stakeholders, procurement, compliance, and legal to prepare RFI and RFP, comparing and analyzing vendor proposals and data samples, and clearly and effectively communicating results and recommendations
- Reviewing vendor Statement of Work, ensuring appropriate clauses in terms and conditions and service level agreements, and monitoring contract execution
- Managing data budget for the commercial operation and analytics teams, while building strong and productive relationship with data vendors
- Maintaining an updated inventory of data assets, and promoting transparency, sharing, and utilization of data across the commercial organization
- Collaborating with business and IT teams and providing necessary support onboarding new data including (but not limited to) facilitating data QA/QC, knowledge transfer on business rule definitions, data documentation, as well as communication and training
- Bachelor's degree required, post-graduate degree preferred, Major in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Management, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subject
- 6+ years' experience sourcing and acquiring third-party data and managing data contracts and vendors within a commercial organization in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Deep knowledge in common industry data assets and vendors such as IQVIA, Symphony, DRG, MedPro, DHC, IntegriChain, and Specialty Pharmacies and Distributors
- Experience supporting various commercial business processes in the pharmaceutical industry including Sales operations, Marketing, Patient Services and Health Systems
- Strong technical fluency in Excel, PowerPoint, and SQL
- Working knowledge of MDM, CRM, Data Warehouse, AWS, Snowflake
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with data governance programs
- Ability to use data and analysis to form insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excel in communication and presentation, both verbal and written
- Able to work both independently and cross-functionally, manage multiple projects within matrixed reporting structures and meet critical deadlines