A prominent genomics-based drug discovery pharmaceutical company and the producer of a treatment approved by the FDA for medullary thyroid cancer with clinical trials in other types of metastatic cancer is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer Associate to support technical oversight of commercial drug product manufacturing operations at Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs). This role would be ideal for interns looking to jumpstart their career in the pharmaceutical industry, or for experienced associates looking for a reputable name to add to their resume. This is a 6 - 12 month contract role with potential extensions and/or conversion to permanent employment, full benefits provided.
- Support drug product manufacturing activities at CMOs, including routine commercial production, equipment qualification and process validation.
- Support manufacturing process optimization.
- Review and approve master batch records, execute batch records, protocols and reports.
- Work as "person-in-plant" to oversee routine commercial manufacturing operations at CMOs.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a similar role in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Bachelor's in Chemistry/Engineering or related discipline.
- General understanding of drug product manufacturing operations including tablets and capsule manufacturing.
- Experience in solid oral dose, and small molecule manufacturing.