Are you an experienced Medical Science Liaison with interest in Rare Disease?
As Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in the Rare Disease Unit, you will act as a liaison with nationwide and regional thought leaders (TLs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate both clinical trial efforts of our client and Investigator-sponsored studies. The MSL position is a field-based member of the U.S. Medical Affairs team. Your clinical practice insights and basic science knowledge will be utilized to deliver non-promotional scientific, educational, and research concerning cutting edge data and technical/pragmatic education activities to appropriate internal and external stakeholders. This role cover the northeast region.
Your Role Will Involve
- Identifying and developing relationships with national and regional medical and scientific TLs consistent with the strategy and objectives of Medical Affairs and overall strategies.
- Engaging in scientific exchange and education about current and emerging therapies in a compliant fashion with TLs (to include advisory boards, individual meetings, and congresses).
- Developing and maintaining scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise in the designated areas of rare disease.
- Representing the company at specific continuing medical educational events, programs, medical meetings and scientific congresses as well as at health care economic and disease state presentations to public health decision makers as needed.
- Partnering with Medical Affairs and Medical Information Services to ensure accurate delivery of medical and scientific information, as needed.
- Assisting in facilitation and progress monitoring of Investigator-sponsored clinical studies.
- Working with clinical development as requested to identify and engage with appropriate sites for company sponsored studies.
- Gathering scientific insights and voice of the customer during engagements with the medical community.
- Identifying disease concepts that can be leveraged into product life cycle management across the rare disease product portfolio and therapeutic areas of interest.
- Differentiating as the valued scientific partner of choice through innovative initiatives, coordinated strategy, and scientific communication.
- Providing appropriate scientific, clinical, and educational support for internal cross functional customers (including other members of the MSL team).
- Participating in medical publications as needed (abstracts, manuscripts, etc.).
- Supporting commercial operations by participating in Speaker and Representative Training.
- Leading/participating on special project teams.
- Coordinating scientific activities with Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and Global Franchise group, as needed.
- Ability to gain international experience in a global organization
In Return, You Will Bring
- Previous holding of an MSL or related role with at least 3 years' experience is required.
- Advanced Scientific, healthcare or medical degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships with top experts in the field.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to function on a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of PhRMA, OIG, and other guidelines relating to compliant medical communications.
- Demonstrated expertise in ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel ~ 60-80% (based on the size of respective geography).