This organization is an industry leading Cell & Gene Therapy Biotech focused on cutting-edge novel therapies in the Bay Area. They are currently searching for a scientific leader to join their Leadership Team that will take on break through innovation within their Vector Production and Development Group.
- Manage junior development associates
- Identify changes in AAV helpers that can improve vector potency or productivity.
- Improve vector manufacturing and potency by engineering cells.
- Characterize AAV vectors using various techniques such as qPCR, SDS-PAGE, capsid ELISA, and potency assays.
- Animal studies for testing novel vectors.
- Assess new vector and LNP manufacturing technologies.
- Analyze data, present findings, and plan future experiments
- Ph.D. or M.S./B.S. with four years of industry/academic experience
- Degree in cell biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering, or related field
- Strong history of working with viral vectors, preferably viral production and purification
- Experience in mammalian or insect cell culture
- Experience in DNA and protein assays such as qPCR, ELISA, and SDS-PAGE
- Leadership experience is a MUST