Company Summary: A cutting-edge life sciences company specializing in developing innovative tools and technologies is seeking a Recombinant Antibodies Scientist. This position entails leading research and product development projects focused on recombinant antibodies and other proteins, designing and executing experiments, and analyzing data to drive project advancements.
The Recombinant Antibodies Scientist will be responsible for:
- Independently plan and perform DNA extraction, plasmid construction, polymerize chain reaction (PCR), phage display, next generation sequencing (NGS), recombinant protein expression and/or other similar molecular biological experiments.
- Designs and executes experiments, implements plans and performs troubleshooting with minimal supervision, and implements solutions to issues as needed.
- Analyzes data using spreadsheets and graphing software.
- Prepares clear and concise presentations, including thoughtful summaries and recommendations for next steps.
- Presents to peer and supervisor review groups.
- Leads and participates in general lab maintenance initiatives including but not limited to maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment, maintaining electronic inventory list database, physical inventory, processing/aliquoting/vialing/labeling materials, and preparing and maintaining reagent inventories.
- May be selected to monitor and report on the infrastructure of a particular lab or functional area.
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements.
The Recombinant Antibodies Scientist should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences (or relevant field) highly preferred, or Master's with additional years of independent or developmental experience.
- 4 years of laboratory work/experience with a recombinant antibodies background highly desired.
- Prior independent research or development with molecular biological methods is highly preferred.
- Experience with maintaining an electronic lab notebook preferred.
- Background in management/supervising preferred.
- Past publication record preferred.
If you are interested in the Recombinant Antibodies Scientist role, then please don't wait to apply.