We have a current opportunity for a Director of Compliance, US on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Princeton. For further information about this position please apply.
Position: Director of Compliance
About the Role:
As the Regional Compliance Officer, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a challenging environment, fostering both learning and growth. Reporting to and supporting the Head of Compliance Management for overseas operations, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining a robust global compliance framework. This role will involve navigating complex global challenges within a dynamic regulatory landscape and close collaboration with the HQ compliance team, especially the Center of Expertise (COE) team.
- Laws and Regulations Monitoring: Stay vigilant in monitoring local legal and regulatory changes that impact the company's business. Collaborate with the COE to identify compliance risks, including areas such as trade secret protection, data privacy, export control and sanctions, anti-bribery, anti-corruption, conflict of interest, and antitrust and countervailing practices.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct local compliance risk assessments, identify key compliance risks, develop corresponding action plans, and communicate effectively with local management and the COE.
- Policy and Process: Customize compliance policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to align with local business requirements. Conduct gap analyses to ensure compliance with local policies and SOPs.
- Training: Collaborate with the COE to create compliance training materials and deliver compliance training to the local team.
- Compliance Advisory: Offer guidance on day-to-day compliance matters and address queries in line with compliance policies and SOPs.
- Compliance Operation: Participate on behalf of the compliance team in local management and site operation committees.
- Compliance Responses: Serve as the primary point of contact for the compliance team when communicating with local regulatory agencies and other stakeholders involved in compliance incidents.
- Investigation: Support local investigations per the direction of the line manager.
- Assist the Head of Compliance Management for Overseas: Assist in other duties as designated by the Head of Compliance Management for Overseas and other global compliance team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in compliance and risk management.
- Practical experience in building a compliance system from the ground up.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to formulate compliance strategies that align with business objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the capacity to establish partnerships and relationships both within the organization and with key external stakeholders.
- Proven crisis management skills, including the ability to mobilize, lead, and prioritize effectively in response to escalated incidents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations and communicate with senior and executive management.
- Dedication, self-motivation, transparency, and openness.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A graduate or JD degree is a plus but not mandatory.
- The ability to interpret regulations and analyze their impacts is a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience in the biotech or biomanufacturing sector is a plus but not mandatory.
- Prior experience in a global working environment is a plus but not mandatory.