Director of GLP, Animal Health
Seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of GLP with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) or Veterinary Medical Doctor (V.M.D) degree. The ideal candidate will possess significant expertise in the field of laboratory animal medicine, particularly with non-human primates (NHPs), swine, or avian species. This role requires a deep understanding of GLP and GCP regulations and practices, as well as a strong background in overseeing and managing animal research programs.
The Director of GLP will be responsible for...
- GLP Compliance: Ensure strict adherence to GLP standards and regulations in all animal research and testing activities. Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Leadership and Management: Oversee and manage a team of veterinary professionals and support staff involved in GLP-related activities. Provide guidance, mentorship, and direction to ensure high-quality animal care and research practices.
- Animal Welfare and Health: Take responsibility for the health and welfare of laboratory animals. Implement strategies for enrichment, housing, and veterinary care to ensure optimal animal welfare standards.
- Protocol Development and Review: Collaborate with research teams to develop and review experimental protocols involving NHPs, swine, or avian species. Ensure protocols are ethically sound and comply with GLP guidelines.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay abreast of evolving regulations related to GLP and animal research. Interface with regulatory agencies to ensure ongoing compliance and facilitate inspections.
- Training and Education: Develop and conduct training programs for staff involved in animal research, focusing on GLP principles, animal handling, and welfare best practices.
- Research Support: Provide veterinary support and expertise to research teams conducting studies involving NHPs, swine, or avian species. Offer guidance on study design, anesthesia, surgery, and post-operative care.
- Collaboration and Communication: Foster collaboration with cross-functional teams, researchers, and stakeholders. Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders regarding GLP-related matters.
The Director of GLP should have the following qualifications...
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) or Veterinary Medical Doctor (V.M.D) degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certification or extensive experience in laboratory animal medicine is highly preferred.
- Proven experience (10+ years) working with non-human primates (NHPs), swine, or avian species in a laboratory or research setting.
- Thorough understanding of GLP regulations, animal welfare guidelines, and research ethics.
- Strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing protocols, procedures, and policies in accordance with GLP standards.