Title: Head of R&D
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to lead our Research & Development team as the new Head of R&D. Our client, located in Switzerland, is developing revolutionary laboratory devices that will enable drug discovery while replacing traditional animal testing.
As the head of department for Research and Development, you would be responsible for overseeing all projects within your area. You must ensure timely delivery without compromising quality standards or safety regulations.
The ideal candidate should have experience managing complex development projects from inception through completion; this includes preparing project plans/schedules/budgets/ timelines/tasks/deliverables/status reports/metrics tracking etc., identifying risks/issues/challenges/opportunities throughout each stage (i.e., initiation-planning-execution-monitoring-controlling-closing), coordinating cross-functional teams across different locations/time zones/cultures/disciplines/vendors/stakeholders/customers/partnerships/joint ventures/M&A's etc., using Agile/Waterfall methodology depending on circumstances and customer needs.
Working collaboratively among departments such as manufacturing/QA/regulatory affairs/marketing/sales/customer service/support/training/documentation/legal/compliance/administration/human resources/executive management/board members/advisory committees/scientific community/universities/research institutes/government agencies/non-profit organisations can help improve product design/functionality/performance/features/usability/serviceability/supportability/affordability/accessibility/profit margins/shareholder value/etc..
You'll also need strong budgetary skills including forecasting/planning/reporting/variance analysis/control strategies/trends/patterns/ratios/KPI's/BSC/EVM/CBA/RoI/P&L statements/balance sheets/cash flow projections/investment appraisals/funding requests/grant proposals/Tax incentives/subsidies/discounts/negotiations/vendor contracts/license agreements/IP protection/Legal compliance/SOX/internal auditing/external reporting/Auditor reviews/GAAP/FASB/IASC/iGAAP/local GAAPS/international accounting standards/frameworks/principles/conventions/code_of_ethics/rules_regulations/laws_policies_guidelines_best practices)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master or Ph.D. in Microengineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, or another relevant scientific or engineering field.
- Proven experience in leading R&D teams and managing complex multi-disciplinary projects in industrial contexts.
- Track record of driving innovation and successfully bringing products to market.
- Strong background in hardware development, software development, and bioassay development.
- Strong technical expertise and a deep understanding of high-content imaging, biological data analysis and microfluidics.
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, and leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
If this sounds like you apply now!