Principal Scientist, Upstream Process Development will lead cell culture development and head scientific efforts in Process Development. They will be operating with the mission to develop robust, scalable, and innovative cell culture processes for the Gene Therapy pipeline from early to late stage products.
- Leading AAV upstream process development for first-in-human and commercial processes by efficiently developing high yield, robust and scalable cell culture processes.
- Plans, manages, and contributes to AAV development and essential parameter optimization, including numerous bioreactor operations, media and feed screening, scale-up/scale-down, and full-scale processing for both suspension and adherent platforms.
- Lead and execute laboratory studies for development, optimization, and manufacturing of antibodies including design, planning, execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Participate in a cross-functional team to define, develop, and transfer processes to cGMP manufacturing partners.
- A advanced degree in chemical/bioengineering, cell biology, immunology, or related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Industry experience with technology transfer, manufacturing sciences, and/or cGMP manufacture of Viral Vector products.
- Hands-on experience performing flow cytometry and cell-based analytical methods.
- Strong Cell Culture Expertise with Mammalian cell line focus preferred