Principal Scientist, Downstream PD
A large, global end-to-end CDMO company is currently seeking a driven, motivated, and enthusiastic Principal Scientist, Process Development. This position is located the San Francisco Bay area. You will play a key role in developing purification methods for antibody and protein manufacturing.
The Principal Scientist will be responsible for:
- Lead a variety of development campaigns for protein-based technologies, from concept to tech transfer
- Plan and oversee downstream process development, including chromatography, filtration, bioconjugation, and viral inactivation
- Manage tech transfer to CMOs and generate project scopes and pricing for complex development proposals
- Mentor and supervise a team of junior staff, communicate project updates, troubleshoot technical issues, and maintain comprehensive records for regulatory submissions.
The Principal Scientist should have the following qualifications:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, or a related scientific field with 10+ years of related experience/Master's with 13+ years/Bachelor's with 15+ years
- Previous experience in purification for antibodies and proteins
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Experience with TFF, FPLC systems for chromatography, and analytical techniques such as DLS, CE-SDS, ELISA